Volleyball feats won both brackets, and the overall team's accomplishments outpolled the outstanding season by Keelie Arneson 53-47 percent in voting at NSUDemons.com and on the @NSUDemons Twitter address in a 48-hour window ending at midnight Friday.
The team posted a second-place finish in the Southland regular-season standings, and a charge to the Southland Tournament finals, where the Lady Demons fell just three points shy of making their own NCAA appearance, which would have been a first in the history of the program.
Emerging from the other bracket was the remarkable volleyball season by Arneson, who was the Southland Conference Student-Athlete of the Year in her sport after winning Southland Libero of the Year honors as the Lady Demons posted their best-ever campaign.
The 2013-14 highlights featured one eight-slot bracket filled almost completely with team accomplishments, and the other side showcasing eight spectacular individual performances.
The 2012-13 Demon Delights tournament winner was the Lady Demon softball team's Southland Conference Tournament championship and NCAA Tournament appearance.
The 16 "Demon Delights" of 2013-14 up for fan vote over the past month:
· Janelle Perez' last-second layup beats Lamar, Lady Demon basketball smashes SFA to win Southland tournament; plays Tennessee tough in NCAA Tournament (advanced to semifinals by fan vote)
· Softball repeats as Southland tournament champ, makes second straight NCAA appearance
· Women's tennis wins Southland regular-season championship, posts 20 wins for second time in school history; falls in Southland tournament final
· Baseball sets Southland record with 14-win improvement, ties school record with 17-game turnaround overall while winning 33 times (advanced to quarterfinals by fan vote)
· Volleyball's best-ever season carries Lady Demons to Southland Tournament final, just three points shy of first-ever NCAA tourney (overall winner by fan vote)
· Football starts a 3-1 November surge by knocking off No. 15/18 Central Arkansas 31-28 at Turpin Stadium for first win over a nationally-ranked FCS team since 2010
· Football returns Chief Caddo home with a 40-27 season-ending win in Turpin Stadium over Stephen F. Austin and posts best record since 2008 under first-year coach Jay Thomas (advanced to quarterfinals by fan vote)
· Instant impact for football: Quarterback Zach Adkins is Southland Newcomer of the Year while breaking seven school passing records; defensive end JeMarcus Marshall earns Freshman All-America honor
· Justin Walker's 9.95 100-meter dash time tops world list in winning three conference sprint titles at Southland Outdoor Championships (advanced to quarterfinals by fan vote)
· Pitcher Adam Oller wins Southland Conference Freshman of the Year and Freshman All-America honors for the Demon baseball team
· Stephen Spann carries a no-hitter into the eighth inning, four-hits regular-season Southland champ Sam Houston State as Demons eliminate eventual NCAA entry from conference tournament
· Keelie Arneson is voted Southland Conference Libero of the Year and SLC Volleyball Student-Athlete of the Year honors while helping the Lady Demons to their best-ever season (advanced to finals by fan vote)
· Finishing third in the 200 meter dash and fourth in the 100, Justin Walker scores 11 points for NSU at the NCAA Outdoor Championships, placing the Demons 20th in NCAA team standings (advanced to semifinals by fan vote)
· Zeek Woodley leads the nation's guards, finishes fourth overall in NCAA basketball stats for shooting aim (61.7 percent) while earning Southland Freshman of the Year honors
· After sweeping the long and triple jump titles at the Southland Indoor Championships, Emmanuel Williams finishes fourth in the long jump at the NCAA Championships, giving NSU its first indoor track and field All-American honor since 2004
· Jalan West earns Mid-Major All-America, Southland Defensive Player of the Year honors in a breakout sophomore season (advanced to quarterfinals by fan vote)