Outpatient Medical Center Inc. is celebrating 40 years of helping keep the community families whole and healthy.
The health system started from humble beginnings in 1977 and has grown into a multi-million dollar, multi-site integrated healthcare delivery system with health centers in Natchitoches, Leesville and Tallulah. The health system is governed by an 11 member Board of Directors, 51 percent of which must be patients who utilize the health system for their primary care needs. The health system offers the following integrated health care services in all their health centers, irrespective of the patient’s ability to pay for the services:
- Pediatric services
- Adult Medicine services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Urgent Care services
- 340(B) Pharmacy services
- Dental services (both preventative and restorative)
- Community Outreach and Enrollment services (which includes helping to sign people up for Medicaid and/or the Healthcare Exchange)
- Women’s Health services
- Enabling services (linking community families to other support services)
Outpatient Medical Center Inc. is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC system) that receives federal dollars to ensure anyone needing access to high-quality; cost-effective, medically-appropriate and culturally-sensitive primary care services can receive said services irrespective of their ability to pay for the services. Federally Qualified Health Centers were born out of the nation’s social equality movement and today there are over 1,400 health centers across the country with thousands of service delivery sites. Federally Qualified Health Centers serve as our nation’s primary care catchment system and cumulatively provides core primary services to over 25 million people across the country. They also now represent the largest primary care group in the country. There are 34 Federally Qualified Health Centers in Louisiana and cumulatively they pump over half a billion dollars in the state’s economic engine. Outpatient Medical Center Inc. is proud to be part of this nation-wide Federally Qualified Health Center primary care network and has worked tirelessly taking good care of their valued community families for 40 years.
Some other facts you should know about Outpatient Medical Center Inc:
* All of the clinicians are Board-certified and/or Board eligible
* It is a JCAHO accredited health system
* The clinic has applied for Patient Centered Medical Home recognition
* The clinic helps drive the cost of community health care services down
* The center employs 75 professionals from Natchitoches, Leesville and Tallulah parishes
* The clinic pumps over $6 million dollars (and growing) into the local Natchitoches, Leesville and Tallulah parish economic engines
* The clinic serves as the medical home to over 7,000 Natchitoches, Leesville and Tallulah parish families (and growing)
* Annually the clinic sees 15,000 patient encounters (and growing)
* The clinic works in partnership with local hospitals to help reduce hospital readmissions and inappropriate emergency room utilization
*The clinic is considered and been recognized for being chronic disease care specialists
*The staff cares about their community families and work to help keep them healthy and whole
* Most insurances are accepted.
*The clinic is accepting new patients in all health centers.
*Active duty, retired, reserve and former military members and their families are welcomed to establish care within othe health system
The health system continues to grow and has recently strengthened its Executive Team by bringing on a new Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, HR Director, Information Systems Manager and Leesville Health Center Director. Seeing the need for more primary care clinicians in the Natchitoches, Leesville and Tallulah areas, the Administration has hired eight new clinicians to join the health system within the past 90 days.