Hicks gets 60 years for rape and kidnapping


 O’Shay Hicks, 25, of Campti was sentenced by Judge Lala Sylvester Thursday, Dec. 14 to 30 years on one count forcible rape and to 15 years on each count of second-degree kidnapping. The sentences are to run consecutive for a total of 60 years.

Hicks pled guilty to all charges in October prior to a jury trial.

Assistant DA Chris Guillet prosecuted the case.

Following is the original story from 2015:

A Natchitoches man on felony probation until 2020 was arrested in connection with the kidnapping, armed robbery and aggravated rape of a 17-year-old Natchitoches teenager Wednesday, July 8 at 4:30 p.m.
Detectives along with the assistance of Natchitoches Regional Medical Center Registered Nurses interviewed the victim in the presence of a parent and collected forensic evidence.
Detectives photographed the crime scene in the Payne Subdivision and collected physical evidence for analysis.
Oshay Devan Hicks, 22, b/m, of the 100 block of Mary Drive, Payne Sub-Division, Natchitoches, was identified as a suspect. Deputies began searching areas in and around the area.
At 8:30 p.m., Task Force Agents received information Hicks was hiding at a La. Hwy 6 East mobile home park and was attempting to flee the area.
Deputies spotted the suspect vehicle on La. Hwy 6 East near Grand Ecore and stopped it after observing Hicks as a passenger.
Deputies say they took Hicks into custody armed with a 9-inch kitchen knife believed to be the same weapon used in the alleged offenses.
Deputies say Hicks also refused to cooperate by showing his hand and failing to walk. He was handcuffed and carried to a patrol unit for transportation.
Hicks was booked into the Natchitoches Parish Detention Center charged with 1-count Probation Violation and 1-count Resisting Arrest.
The investigation continued.
On July 10 at 5:40 p.m., detectives also charged Hicks with 1-count Aggravated Rape, 2-counts Second Degree Kidnapping, 2-counts Armed Robbery and 1-count illegal Carrying of Weapons.
Hicks, who has seven prior bookings, remains in the NPDC without bond.
The victim was treated and released from Natchitoches Regional Medical Center. Her name is not being released.
Hicks allegedly confessed to detectives he told the victim if she told anyone he would do harm to her and family members.
The case file will be completed and turned over to the Natchitoches District Attorney’s Office for prosecution.
Involved in the investigation and arrest were: Deputies assigned to the NPSO Patrol Division, Detectives assigned to the NPSO Criminal Investigations and High Tech Crime Unit along with Natchitoches Multi-jurisdictional Drug Task Force agents.