LA 478; south of the LA 120 intersection
Control Section No. 116-03The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD), advises the public effective immediately LA 478, south of the LA 120 intersection, in Natchitoches Parish, is closed due to flooding/ high water.Permit/Detour Section
No detours are available at this time.
Emergency Road Closure Due to Flooding/ High Water
LA 120; just west of the I-49 intersection
Control Section No. 042-07The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD), advises the public effective immediately La 120, just west of the I-49 intersection, in Natchitoches Parish, is closed due to flooding/ high water.
Travelers can find information regarding road closures by visiting the 511 Traveler Information website at www.511la.org or by dialing 511 from their telephone and saying the route or region about which they are seeking information. Out-of-state travelers can access the system by calling 1-888-ROAD-511 (1-888-762-3511). Additionally, you can follow the Traffic Management Center on Twitter: (@Shreveport_Traf), (@Alex_Traffic), (@Monroe_Traffic). Motorists may also monitor the LA DOTD website @ www.dotd.la.gov.
During unfavorable weather conditions, motorists should drive using the following safety tips:
• Drive slowly and carefully.
• Avoid driving into standing or running water.
• Avoid driving while distracted.
• Avoid using cruise control when visibility is low or road surfaces are wet.
• Always allow for extra driving time.
• Reduce speeds when visibility is low.
• Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
• Avoid using highway overpasses as tornado shelters.