Friday, March 30, 2018 8:04 AM
LA 478; south of the LA 120 intersection
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD), advises the public effective immediately LA 478, south of the LA 120 intersection, in Natchitoches Parish, is closed due to flooding/ high water.
No detours are available at this time.
During unfavorable weather conditions, motorists should drive using the following safety tips:
• Drive slowly and carefully.
• Avoid driving into standing or running water.
• Avoid driving while distracted.
• Avoid using cruise control when visibility is low or road surfaces are wet.
• Always allow for extra driving time.
• Reduce speeds when visibility is low.
• Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
• Avoid using highway overpasses as tornado shelters.