Clerk of Court David Stamey announced the upcoming dates for elections. There will be a one-half cent tax, dedicated to roads, on the Saturday, March 30 ballot. Voters residing inside the Natchitoches City limits and those residing inside the city limits of Campti will not vote in this election. The City of Natchitoches and Campti are both at the cap for taxes. Voters living outside the city limits, but casting ballots at polling places inside the city limits, will continue to vote at their regular precinct.
Important dates include:
* The qualifying period is Jan. 30-Feb. 1. Local and municipal candidates qualify with the clerk of court in the parish in which they are registered to vote (contact your local clerk of court for office hours). State candidates qualify in the executive offices of Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin at 8585 Archives Ave. in Baton Rouge between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Qualifying fees must be paid in the form of cash; certified or cashier’s check on a state or national bank or credit union; U.S. postal money order; or money order issued by a state or national bank or credit union and must be accompanied by the qualifying form.
* The deadline to register to vote in person or by mail is Feb. 27.
* The deadline to register to vote through the GeauxVote Online Registration System is March 9.
* Early voting is March 16-23 (except Sunday, March 17) from 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
* The deadline to request an absentee by mail ballot is March 26 by 4:30 p.m. Voters can request an absentee by mail ballot online through our Voter Portal or in writing through your Registrar of Voters Office (other than military and overseas voters).
* The deadline for a registrar of voters to receive a voted mail ballot is March 29 by 4:30 p.m. (other than military and overseas voters).
The October Gubernatorial Primary, which will include local municipal elections, will be Saturday, Oct. 12.
Qualifying will be Aug. 6-8.