A joint investigation by the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office, Clarence Marshal’s Office, Natchitoches Parish Coroner’s Office and Natchitoches Parish District Attorney’s Office has led to the arrest of the husband in connection with the murder of his wife and unborn baby in Clarence according to Natchitoches Parish Sheriff Victor Jones Jr.

The investigation began Monday, June 3 at 9:45 a.m. when the NPSO 911 Center received a call from a female in the 300 block of Greenville Drive, Clarence reporting her pregnant nice unresponsive and requesting an ambulance.

Clarence Marshal Eartha Hall and Natchitoches Regional Medical Center EMS were dispatched.

Shortly after their arrival, EMS discovered the female deceased inside of a rear room of the residence.

Marshal Hall requested assistance from the NPSO Criminal Investigations Division.

Deputies assigned to the NPSO Patrol Division, NPSO Criminal Investigations Division, Natchitoches Parish Coroner’s Office and Natchitoches Parish District Attorney’s Office responded.

Detectives identified the victim as Elonzeya Zoleah Teal-Houston, 22, of the 300 block of Mill Street, Campti.

Detectives learned Teal-Houston was five months pregnant.

Teal-Houston was pronounced dead at the scene by Natchitoches Parish Deputy Asst. Coroner Steven Clanton.

Her body was transported to a forensics lab for an autopsy to determine the manner of death.

Throughout Monday morning detectives processed the crime scene, gathered evidence and spoke with family members.

While on the scene, Christopher O’Neal Houston Jr. of Campti, the husband of Teal-Houston, drove up to the crime scene.

Detectives say Houston appeared very nervous. They focused their investigative efforts towards Houston and transported him to the NPSO Criminal Investigations Division for questioning.

Within 20 minutes during the interview, Houston confessed to the murder of his wife by strangulation on Sunday evening at an elderly relative’s home in Clarence during an argument over money and personal issues.

Houston confessed to wrapping his wife’s body in a sheet Monday morning and placing her in the corner of a bedroom then leaving and going to Natchitoches to purchase boots for his job.

As a result of the investigation, Christopher O’Neal Houston Jr., 25, of the 300 block of Mill Street, Campti, was booked into the Natchitoches Parish Detention Center Monday at 3:15 p.m. charged with 1-count of Second-Degree Murder and 1-Count of First-Degree Feticide in connection with the death of five-month old fetus.

Houston remains in the Natchitoches Parish Detention Center without bond.

Houston is on felony probation until November 2019 for a Possession of CDS Schedule II Narcotics conviction.

Sheriff Jones extends his deepest sympathy to Mrs. Teal-Houston’s family and also thanks family members who assisted detectives during the investigative stages of this senseless murder case.

Involved in the investigation and arrest were Asst. Chief of Investigations Reginald Turner, Lt. Carey Etheredge, Detective Darrell Winder, Detective Amber Shirley, Deputy Stuart Wright, Deputy Asst. Coroner Steven Clanton, Marshal Eartha Hall-Clarence Marshal’s Office, District Attorney Billy Joe Harrington, 1st Assistant District Attorney Cloyd Benjamin and NPSO Patrol Shift “A”.