Free meals offered at public schools


Natchitoches Parish School Board today announced an amendment to its policy for serving meals to students under the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs for the 2019-2020 school year. All students will be served lunch and breakfast at no charge at the following sites:

East Natchitoches Elem/ Middle

Fairview Alpha Elem/Jr. High

Goldonna Elem/Jr. High

Lakeview Jr./Sr. High

L. P. Vaughn Elementary

Marthaville Elem/Jr. High

Natchitoches Central High

Natchitoches Jr. High

Natchitoches Parish Technical & Career Center

Natchitoches Magnet

Provencal Elem/Jr. High

Weaver Elementary

For additional information please contact: Natchitoches Parish School Board, Attn: Debra Besant, Child Nutrition District Manager, 300 Parkway Drive, Natchitoches, LA 71457, 318-352-3438 ext. 1231 or email at

Non-Discrimination Statement: In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.