According to a Task Force Official, the Natchitoches SWAT team assisted the Red River Parish Sheriff’s Office with a search warrant in the 200 block of Layfield Road in North Natchitoches Parish July 9. Red River Sheriff’s Office obtained a search warrant for the residence, in reference to stolen firearms and other items allegedly being stored there.
A search of the residence was conducted by members of the Red River Parish Criminal Investigation Division (CID) and Agents assigned to the Natchitoches Multi Jurisdictional Drug Task Force (NMJDTF).
The following items were located inside the residence:
* Springfield Armory 308 rifle
* Smith and Wesson .40 cal pistol
* Winchester 12 ga shotgun.
* Marlin Firearms .22 Long Rifle.
* .5 grams of suspected methamphetamine
* Glass pipes, commonly used for the ingestion of methamphetamine.
Kevin T. Hughes, 47, w/m, was arrested July 16 after turning himself in to authorities. Hughes was charged with:
* 4- counts of Possession of a firearm in the presence of CDS
* 1- count of Possession of CDS II (methamphetamine)
* 1- count of Possession of drug paraphernalia
Hughes was placed into the NPDC awaiting bond.