Lakeview Jr. Sr. High Principal William Hymes has announced plans for graduation.
July 10: Graduation practice will be at 9 a.m. at Turpin Stadium at NSU. Due to COVID 19 best practices and protocol, practice is for graduates only. No parents or family members will be allowed. Graduates must be at practice to be included.
- Due to COVID 19 best practices and protocol, students must wear a mask to practice and must enter on the EAST side (VISITORS) side of Turpin Stadium.
- July 10 at 7 p.m., at Turpin Stadium at NSU. Gates will open at 6 p.m. and graduating seniors should arrive at this time for ceremony preparation and alignment.
- Graduates will report to the EAST/VISITOR’s side of the stadium and all guests will proceed to the WEST/HOME side of Turpin.
- Each individual is required to wear a mask to enter Turpin Stadium and is required to sit in family units. Families shall be seated in odd numbered rows. Ushers and law enforcement will be available to provide on-site directions.
- Once seated, families shall not be permitted to move throughout the stadium.
- Parking will be at Prather Coliseum and Kyser Hall.
- Guests who have handicapped parking tags will be allowed to park in the lot across from the front of the stadium.
- Per guidelines from NSU and the State Fire Marshal, parking shall be in every other parking space.
- Family units are encouraged to travel together.
- Family units shall maintain a 6 foot distance from other arriving family units and is included while walking to and from the stadium.
- Guests shall sit in family groups in odd numbered rows. Family units shall maintain 6 feet of space between other attending family units.
- Handicapped seating is designated and reserved to the first row.
- Once the ceremony has begun, entry into the stadium will be prohibited
- Graduates shall sit on the visitors’ (EAST) side of Turpin Stadium.
- Seniors shall enter from the east side of the stadium and be seated using rows 1 and 4. Each student shall maintain 6 feet from the adjoining student.
- After graduation loitering, taking pictures in the stadium concourse or parking areas shall be prohibited.
- Parents, family members and students are asked to promptly dismiss from the University parking lot after the ceremony.
“Thank you so much for your patience with our efforts to provide safety and observe COVID 19 protocol for each family at this event,” Hymes said.