Effective Jan. 4:
Priority Group 1-A: Ongoing (around 249,000 eligible people)
* Health care workers at Tier 1 and Tier 2 hospitals
* Staff and residents of nursing homes and long-term care facilities
* Emergency Medical Services employees and firefighters
Priority Group 1-B, Tier One: (around 640,000 eligible people)
* Schools of allied health students, residents and staff
* End stage renal disease facility personnel and patients
* Home agency patients and personnel
* Ambulatory and outpatient health care personnel
* Persons 70 years old and older
••••••••The following local/area pharmacies have the vaccine:
•Super 1 in Dixie Plaza has the vaccine for those eligible (age 70 and over). Those requesting the vaccine must be placed on a waiting list by contacting the pharmacy directly. Vaccines will be given beginning Jan. 6.
•Walgreens, 280 San Antionio Ave., Many.
•Albertsons, 105 E Southfield Road, Shreveport and at 2265 S Macarthur Drive, Alexandria.
•Brookshire’s, 5828 Line Ave., (318) 869-0669, Shreveport; 9250 Mansfield Road, (318) 686-6311, Shreveport; 1117 Polk St., (318) 871-2976, Mansfield; and at 4918 Barksdale Blvd., (318) 549-2107, Bossier City.
•Super 1, 604 MacArthur Drive, (318) 442-5710, Alexandria; 2640 Waggoner Ave., (318) 631-2065, Shreveport; 1870 Airline Drive, (318) 746-8401, Bossier City
•Arcadia Family Pharmacy, 1311 Hazel St., (318) 263-3948, Arcadia.
•Boudreaux’s Compounding Pharmacy, 2551 Greenwood Road, (337) 436-7216, Shreveport.
•Holloway Pharmacy, 12805 Highway 28E, (318) 466-3113, Pineville.
•Mitchell’s Pharmacy, 202 E. Main St., (318) 259-7466, Jonesboro.
••••••••The vaccine is not currently available at the following Natchitoches area pharmacies:
•Cade’s, Montgomery’s/Family and Lakeview Pharmacies said they do not have, nor will they be getting, the vaccine.
•Southern Scripts does not administer medications.