The Natchitoches City Council will meet Monday, Feb. 8 at 5:30 p.m. at the Natchitoches Arts Center, 716 Second St.
A G E N D A
1. CALL TO ORDER
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. READING AND APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF JANUARY 25, 2021.
5. PLANNING & ZONING – APPEAL:
Wayne & Lila Spillman – Purpose: The City Council to review a decision of the Natchitoches Planning and Zoning Commission at the Jan. 5 meeting that denied the application for a variance request.
6. PROCLAMATIONS: #009 Petite Resolution Proclaiming The Month Of February 2021 As African American History Month In The City Of Natchitoches.
7. ORDINANCES – FINAL:#006 Harrington Ordinance Approving A ‘Second Amendment To That Lease Entered Into With The United States Government’ For The Lease All Or A Portion Of The Property Located At 607 Trudeau Street/Depot Street And 720 Sixth Street, Natchitoches, Louisiana, And Authorizing The Execution Of The Lease Amendment By The Mayor, Ronnie Williams, Jr., After Due Compliance With The Law, And Further Providing For Advertising Of The Lease Amendment And An Effective Date.
8. ORDINANCES – INTRODUCTION:#007 Nielsen Ordinance Authorizing A Franchise In Favor Of Paul’s Party Boat, To Operate A Tour Boat Business Within The City Limits Of The City Of Natchitoches, Confirming The Term Of The Franchise, Conditions, And Considerations For Said Franchise And Authorizing The Mayor To Execute The Said Franchise Agreement On Behalf Of The City Providing For Advertising, Further Providing For Severability, And Further Providing For A Repealer And Effective Date Of Ordinance.
#008 Smith: Ordinance To Repeal A Portion Of Ordinance No. 029 Of 2019, Relative To Declaring Certain Buildings Unsafe And Recommending The Buildings To Be Demolished Or Repaired To Comply With The Building Code, And To Otherwise Provide With Respect Thereto.
#009 Harrington: Ordinance To Repeal Ordinance No. 041 Of 2019, Relative To Declaring Certain Buildings Unsafe And Recommending The Buildings To Be Demolished Or Repaired To Comply With The Building Code, And To Otherwise Provide With Respect Thereto.
9. RESOLUTIONS: #010 Elie: Resolution Authorizing The Mayor To Enter Into A Contract With Travelers Casualty And Surety Company Of America For The Public Official Schedule Bond For The City Of Natchitoches.
#011 Nielsen: Resolution Authorizing The Mayor Of The City Of Natchitoches, Ronnie Williams Jr., To Enter Into A Master Services Agreement With KSA Engineers Inc.
#012 Petite: Resolution Authorizing The Mayor To Enter Into A Contract With Employers Risk Management Services As The Workers Compensation Third Party Administrator For The City Of Natchitoches.
#013 Smith: Resolution Authorizing The Mayor To Execute A Certificate Of Substantial Completion To The Contract Between The City Of Natchitoches And DSW Construction For Renovations At 720 6th Street (Eagle Building)
* The next scheduled City Council meeting will be Monday, Feb. 22.
* The offices of the City of Natchitoches will be closed Monday, Feb. 15 in honor of President’s Day.