Construction crews are demolishing Dodd Hall on the Northwestern State University campus. The former residence hall was built in 1958 and was once known as Natchitoches Hall. It was renamed in honor of NSU alumnus William “Bill” Dodd, who was Louisiana’s Lt. Governor and Superintendent of Education. The facility has been abandoned for several years and was occasionally used by local law enforcement agencies for training exercises. The site of the building will be converted to green space.
Photos by Hannah Richardson