Provided by OEP Director Mary Jones
With the possibility for more heavy rainfall today on already saturated soils, a Flash Flood Watch has been issued for the northwestern half or the region into tomorrow morning.
Timing and Overview:
- Thunderstorms will be possible today and tonight, with some of these storms likely to produce moderate to heavy rainfall at times.
- Between 2 and 3 inches of rain are expected over the next 24 hours
- Locally isolated higher amounts will be possible
- Flash flooding possible due to already saturated soils
- Flooding also possible in low lying, urban, and poor drainage areas
- Additional rises to lakes and rivers will also be possible over the next few days