Information provided by OEP Director Mary Jones
With the possibility for more heavy rainfall today on already saturated soils, a Flash Flood Watch remains in effect for the northern half of the region through 7 PM this evening.
Timing and Overview:
- Thunderstorms will be possible today with some of these storms likely to produce moderate to heavy rainfall at times.
- An additional 2 to 4 inches of rain is expected today.
- Locally isolated higher amounts will be possible
- Flash flooding possible due to already saturated soils
- Flooding also possible in low lying, urban, and poor drainage areas
- Additional rises to lakes and rivers will also be possible over the next few days