NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING HEARING
PARISH OF NATCHITOCHES VIA TELECONFERENCE
Monday, October 18, 2021
Large Courtroom, 2nd Floor Courthouse
A G E N D A
- Call to Order.
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Invited guests, and special presentations
- Reports of Department Heads:
Public Works Director- Mr. Johnny Salard
OCS Executive Director- Ms. Sharon Harris
Parish Treasurer- Ms. Julie Lockhart
Interim Director Planning and Zoning-Vacant
- Parish President-Mr. John Richmond
- Adopt the minutes of the regular meeting of the Natchitoches Parish Council held Monday, September 20, 2021 and a Special Meeting held Thursday, September 30, 2021.
- Council to choose between 3 options regarding the dozer currently being used at the landfill to keep Parish in compliance with DEQ regulations.
Option 1: Repair the current dozer to vendor specs with factory authorized equipment and terminate the current month to month lease.
Option 2: Buy the Dozer, and repair with “aftermarket” parts, doing as much of the work as possible with our own personnel.
Option 3: Terminate the lease on the existing dozer, and buy a new dozer (see attached literature for Dozer available at State Contract price)
- Council to approve purchase of Security Bag Scanner for Courthouse main entrance.
- Appointments of Boards and Commissions.
Consider adopting a resolution confirming re-appointment/appointments to the following boards/commissions.
- Council to appoint Mr. Eric Keel to the 911 Commission Board.
- First Introduction of proposed Ordinances:
- Council to approve the Introduction of Ordinance #015-2021 a budget for the fiscal year beginning January 1, 2022, and ending December 31, 2022, and making appropriations for each Department, Project, and Account and Capital Budgets.
- Council to approve the Introduction of Ordinance #016-2021 for the 2021 General Fund, Solid Waste, Criminal Court, Library Fund, Sales Tax, Public Safety, and Highway Funds.
Council to consider an Adoption of Ordinance 014-2021 for a budget amendment for Fish Hatchery Road, Capital Outlay, and American Rescue Plan Fund.
Action on Proposed Ordinances:
- Council to consider an Adoption of Ordinance 014-2021 for a budget amendment for Fish Hatchery Road, Capital Outlay, and American Rescue Plan Fund.
- Council to approve to add Brickyard Road to the Capital Outlay application to be submitted to the State.
- Council to approve RESOLUTION -047-2021 for Committing certain ARPA funds in the amount of $130,500 in connection with the application of Bellwood Water System Inc. for allowable ARPA project expenses related to the funding gap related to the USDA Rural Development funded Water System Improvements and further providing with Respect Thereto
- Council to approve RESOLUTION-048-2021 for Committing certain ARPA funds in the amount of $184,839 in connection with the application of Hagewood Water System Inc. for allowable ARPA project expenses related to the funding gap as related to the USDA Rural Development funded Water System Improvement Project and other allowable ARPA project expenses and further providing with Respect Thereto
- Council to approve RESOLUTION -049-2021 for Committing certain ARPA funds in the amount of $11,600 in connection with the application of Chee-Chee Bay Water System for allowable ARPA project expenses and further providing with Respect Thereto
- Council to approve RESOLUTION-050-2021 for Committing certain ARPA matching funds in the amount of $254,420 in connection with the application of Waterworks District No. 2 for project funding from the State of Louisiana’s “Water Sector Program” and, further providing with Respect Thereto.
- Other Agenda Items:
- Council to consider providing the Cunningham Insurance Agency with an Agent-of-Record letter for the property-casualty insurance written on behalf of the Council. This insurance includes Property, Public Officials, Auto, Workers Compensation, Cyber Liability, Equipment, Crime. This request does not include health insurance and employee benefits.
- Council to authorize the Parish President to enter into a Cooperative Endeavor Agreement (CEA) with NEDA for the purposes of Economic Development throughout Natchitoches Parish. A draft version of this CEA is attached for review.”
- Council to consider authorizing the Parish President to enter into Cooperative Endeavor Agreements with the following Good Samaritans, and to sign and execute all documents related to the agreements:
- Jack Ingram – Collins Road
- Eddie Perritt – Collins Road
- Larry Wade – Collins Spur Road
- Robert Coffey – Robert Coffey Road
- Adam Lofton – Collins Road
- David Ivey – Provencal – Vowells Mill Road
- Council to consider authorizing the Parish President to sign a renewal agreement between Mr. Donny Whitehead for the lease renewal for the Cox Lane Polling Place.
- Council to consider authorizing the Parish President to advertise for bids for the Resurfacing of Bermuda Road, with a bid date of November 16, 2021.
- Visitors for Non-Agenda Items. (3 minutes)
- Executive Session: Ms. Madeleine Brumley and Mr. Edwin Dunahoe Sr., Attorney’s to give updates on the Opioids litigations.