The Service League of Natchitoches announces the Spirit of Christmas Art Contest to help celebrate the magic of the holiday season. Natchitoches Parish elementary and high school students and students home-schooled in Natchitoches Parish who are in kindergarten through 12th grades are invited to participate.
The Spirit of Christmas Art Contest was created to help spread the message of giving, hope, good cheer, love, understanding, helping, and goodwill towards all during this holiday season – the feelings of Christmas that support the things that go along with the holiday, such as presents, children, Christmas trees, decorations, parties, cookies, candy and more. Students are encouraged to depict what makes the season special to them and their families.
Winning designs will be selected from each category:
- Division I – kindergarten through fourth grades
- Division II – fifth through eighth grades
- Division III – Ninth through 12 grades
From the three winning division entries, the overall grand prize winner will be selected by the Service League of Natchitoches’ executive officers. The student who designs the best artwork will be awarded $100. Students who create the remaining two winning designs will each win $50. The top ten designs in each category and the three winning designs will be showcased at the Prud’homme-Rouquier House during the Natchitoches Historic Foundation’s Christmas Tour of Homes, in addition to the Service League of Natchitoches’ social media channels, website, newsletters and media announcements.
- Artwork must be submitted on an 8.5” x 11” piece of paper (landscape format is recommended).
- Artwork must include the slogan “Spirit of Christmas,” and illustrate the hope, peace, love, and joy of the Christmas season.
- Collages, computer-generated artwork, photography, or photocopies will not be accepted.
- Artwork must be two-dimensional, using any of the following: watercolor, acrylic or oil paints, colored pencil, colored markers, ink, charcoal, pastels, and crayons.
- Designs must not include company logos, product brands, or store names.
- Designs must not be framed or mounted.
- Designs must not be folded or damaged.
- Students may choose to sign their artwork; however, the winner’s name will be printed next to his or her design if it wins, so signing is not necessary.
The contest begins Nov. 5. The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, Dec. 1. All entries must be mailed to:
The Service League of Natchitoches Art Contest
P.O. Box 2206
Natchitoches, LA 71457
Teachers and school administrators may coordinate a school-wide pickup by emailing email@example.com to schedule a pick-up time. Winners will be announced Dec. 8 and prizes will be distributed by Dec. 15. For a complete list of contest rules and entry forms, visit www.Service-League.net/artcontest.
The Service League of Natchitoches is an organization of women dedicated to helping those in need and supporting the cultural, historical, educational, and charitable endeavors of Natchitoches, thus enhancing the efficiency of community service.