NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING HEARING
PARISH OF NATCHITOCHES
Monday, December 20, 2021
Large Courtroom, 2nd Floor Courthouse
A G E N D A
- Call to Order.
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Invited guests, and special presentations
Mr. Joey Bartlett, Ecolab Enterprise
- Reports of Department Heads:
Interim Public Works Director- Mr. Dustin Hightower
OCS Executive Director- Ms. Sharon Harris
Parish Treasurer- Ms. Julie Lockhart
Interim Director Planning and Zoning-Vacant
- Parish President-Mr. John Richmond
- Adopt the minutes of the regular meeting of the Natchitoches Parish Council held Monday, November 15, 2021.
December 20,2021 Page 2.
- Appointments of Boards and Commissions.
Consider adopting a resolution confirming re- appointment/appointments to the following boards/commissions.
- Council to re-appoint Mr. David Guillet to the Natchitoches Parish Tourist Commission Board.
- Council to appoint Mr. Elvin Shields to the Natchitoches Parish Planning Commission.
- Council to appoint Mr. Michael Sesvold to the Natchitoches 911 Board.
- Council to re-appoint Mr. Ludlow McNeely to the Natchitoches Parish Waterworks District 2 Board.
- First Introduction of proposed Ordinances:
- Council to approve the Introduction of Ordinance 017-2021to affect a zoning amendment of a 3.64- acre tract of land (parcel # 8040021610) from IA to B1 zoning for the purpose of an office for tribal business. The property is located in Section 34, Township 11 North, Range 7 West with a physical address of 118 Campti Bayou Road, Campti, LA 71411, as shown on the Survey attached hereto, approved by the Parish Planning Commission on December 6, 2021.
- B. Council to approve the Introduction of Ordinance 018-2021 to affect a zoning change from an IA District to a Business-3 (B-3) District for the purpose of opening a restaurant with alcohol sales on a 1.15-acre tract of land (parcel # 010300800). The property is located in Section 40, T9N, R8W, with a physical address of 1678 Highway 504 in Natchitoches, as shown on the Survey attached hereto, approved by the Parish Planning Commission on October 4, 2021.
December 20,2021 Page 3.
- Council to approve the Introduction of Ordinance 020- 2021 to put Quitman Mitchem Road back into the Parish Road system. The road is now named Donald Tynes Road.
Public Hearings: NONE
Action on Proposed Ordinances: NONE
- Council to consider adopting a resolution-064-2021 that the Parish has complied with all requirements of the Federal Off-System Bridge Replacement Program.
- Council to approve removing Section 1.11 Recording Policy in the Natchitoches Parish Personnel Manual due to the Louisiana Constitution and Revised Statute.
- Council to approve a resolution-065-2021 to be sent to the Attorney General to give an opinion on the legality of Section 1.11 Recording Policy in the Natchitoches Parish Personnel Manual.
- Council to approve a resolution-066-2021 that Sharon
Harris, Natchitoches Office of Community Services Executive Director, has been given authority to enter
into and sign the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Agreement for grant period
10/01/2021 – 09/30/2023 on behalf of the Natchitoches Parish Government to receive and administer the
LIHEAP funds for the agency
- Other Agenda Items:
- Council to change the January 17, 2022, Regular Meeting date to January 19, 2022, due to Dr. Martin Luther King’s Birthday.
December 20,2021 Page 4.
- Council to change the February 21, 2022, Regular
Meeting date to February 23, 2022, due to President’s Day.
- Council to change the June 20, 2022, Regular Meeting date to June 22, 2022, due to Juneteenth’ Day Off.
- Council to award the Redistricting for the Parish of Natchitoches.
- Council to Authorize the Parish President to procure consultant services for Grant Management for approved Louisiana Watershed Initiative Project. East Natchitoches Drainage Improvements.
- Council to authorize Parish President to sign
Agreements with the Natchitoches Humane Society and Hope for Paws for the 2022 Budget Year for $5,000 each, which will be a total of $10,000.
- Council to consider authorizing the Parish President to execute a Certificate of Substantial Completion for the Resurfacing of Fish Hatchery Road, retroactive to December 3, 2021, as recommended by the Parish Engineer.
- Council to approve the amended 2021 Budget and the Proposed 2022 Budget for the operations of the North Louisiana Criminalistics Laboratory Commission.
- Council to consider authorizing the Parish President to enter into Cooperative Endeavor Agreements with the following Good Samaritans, and to sign and execute all documents related to the agreements:
- Chris Nuegent- Brandon Cotton Road
- Claude Wilson- Cox Lane Road
- Council to approve the revision to Good Samaritan CEA, the substantial changes are the removal of the Hwy Directors name and the yearly renewal of CEA, while allowing the CEA to be terminated by either party with a 30-day written notice.
December 20,2021 Page 5.
- Council to consider authorizing the Parish President to execute an amended Cooperative Endeavor Agreement with Cane River Waterway Commission which provides for additional funding by the Commission for the Resurfacing of Bermuda Road, and subsequently to award the contract to the low bidder, Regional Construction LLC, in the amount of $2,028,833.95.
- Council to award bids for the following Highway Items:
Grader Blades—————Wear Parts & Equipment Co.
Silty Clay Soil————-FFT Trucking
Stone Rip Rap 30lb———-Madden Contractors
Stone Riprap 3X5————Madden Contractors
HP Cold Mix—————–Diamond B Construction
Base Coarse Aggregate SB2 –Madden Contractors
- Visitors for Non-Agenda Items. (3 minutes)