The City of Natchitoches will have neighborhood trick-or-treating for Halloween from 5-8 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31. The Natchitoches Police Department would like to encourage parents and children to follow these safety tips while enjoying trick-or-treating.
• Only trick-or-treat during the observed hours of 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Children should trick-or-treat in groups or with a responsible adult.
• Realistic replica firearms should never be used.
• Children should always use the sidewalk, not the street for walking and should look in all directions before crossing the street. If walking on the street is necessary, pedestrians should walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
• Parents should know what route their children will be taking.
• Only approach a home with the porch light lit.
• Children should never accept rides from strangers.
• Children should never eat any treats until they have been examined.
We will have additional officers patrolling neighborhoods so that everyone can have a safe and happy Halloween this upcoming Monday.